The questions asked in CDS 2019 are from three subjects – English, GK, and Elementary Math.
CDS Syllabus 2019 for English
- English Comprehension
- Finding errors & omissions
- Fill in the blanks
- Jumbled Sentence
- Sentence Correction, etc.
CDS Syllabus 2019 for General Knowledge – Current affairs or events like politics, sports, Indian economy, daily news, etc.
- History of India and Geography
- Books and their Authors
CDS Syllabus 2019 for Elementary Mathematics
Arithmetic: Number System
- Natural numbers, Integers, Rational & Real numbers
- Fundamental Operations addition, multiplication, division, subtraction, Square roots, fractions, Decimal
- Unitary method, percentages, applications to simple & compound interest, profit and loss, ratio & proportion, variation, time & distance, time & work
Elementary Number Theory
- Division algorithm
- Prime and composite numbers
- Tests of divisibility by 2, 3, 4, 5, 9 and 11
- Multiples and factors
- Factorization Theorem
- H.C.F. and L.C.M.
- Euclidean algorithm, Laws of logarithms, Logarithms to base 10, Use of logarithmic tables
Geometry: Lines & angles
- Plane & plane figures
- Theorems on Properties of angles at a point, parallel lines, sides & angles of a triangle, (iv) congruency of triangles, concurrence of medians & altitudes, similar triangles, properties of angles, sides and diagonals of a parallelogram, rectangle & square, loci, circles and its properties including tangents & normal
Algebra: Basic operation, Simple factors, Remainder theorem, HCF & LCM
- Theory of polynomials, solutions of quadratic equations, relation between its roots & coefficients (only real roots be considered)
- Simultaneous linear equations in two unknowns’ analytical & graphical solutions
- Simultaneous linear in equations in two variables & their solutions
- Practical problems leading to two simultaneous linear equations or in equations in two variables or quadratic equations in one variable & their solutions
- Set language & set notation, rational expressions & conditional identities, laws of indices
Trigonometry: Sine x, Cosine x, Tangent x when 0 < x < 90 Values of sin x, cos x & tan x, for x = 0, 30, 45, 60 & 90
- Simple trigonometric identities and Use of trigonometric tables
- Simple cases of heights & distances
Mensuration: Areas of squares, rectangles, triangle, circle and parallelograms
- Areas of figures which can be split up into these figures (Field Book), lateral surface and volume of right circular cones & cylinders, surface area & Volume of spheres, surface area & volume of cuboids
Statistics: Collection & tabulation of statistical data
- Graphical representation
- Frequency polygons
- Histograms, pie charts, bar charts, etc.
- Measures of central tendency
**NOTE –The syllabus of CDS 2 for admission to Officers’ Training Academy has to appear for English and General Knowledge test.
CDS Exam Pattern 2019
Candidates who wish to appear for CDS 1 exam must know the CDS exam pattern 2019. CDS exam is pen and paper based exam where candidates have to appear in written exam. Candidates qualifying written exam are called by Service Selection Boards for SSB Interview of two stages. Stage I comprises of Officer Intelligence Rating (OIR) tests are Picture Perception* Description Test (PP& DT) whereas stage 2 includes Interview, Group Testing Officers Tasks, Psychology Tests and the conference.
CDS Important Topics of last three years
Topics wise question distribution – General Knowledge
|Topic||Number of Questions||Level of Difficulty|
|Science||27||Easy (Concept based questions)|
|Geography||22||Moderate (Analytical based questions)|
|Ecology||06||Moderate (Fact based questions)|
|Polity||20||Easy to Moderate|
|Economy/Trade||11||Moderate (Fact based questions)|
|Miscellaneous /Armed Forces||15||Moderate (Fact based questions)|